A divers house

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Respect to the legends on here. Dr Bill and Sam Miller among others.
I've had the great honor to get to know a pretty awesome diver too. His house doesn't reflect his years of gathering and identifying more fish species than anyone in history. There is a cabinet display of some nice shells and a few pics of his sailboat.
But the knowledge that you're in a diver's house is the hours of shared experience.
He's 93 now. Still working on books and publications. Had a real positive affect on my life coming from the corn fields of Ohio to Kaneohe, HI.
This pic is from last year on my way home from Thailand. Hope to see him in a few days again, on my way home from Thailand.
Did my first totally uncertified scuba dive with him in Hanauma Bay....1980? Strapped on the gear and he says, "you ready"?....and down we went. I guess that's the way he learned too.

IMG_0449_zpsquzoirlx.jpg

@Hank49

You might want to be more specific about who you are referring to. This is the Basic Forum so you can't expect everyone to pick up on your hints.
http://www.mikesevernsdiving.com/dr...h-scientist-scuba-dives-on-his-90th-birthday/

oops.....Dr. John E (Jack) Randall.

My daughter Sandy and I were diving with him in Redang Malaysia in 1998. As was his habit, he would just disappear in his quest to find a certain species of fish. We had gotten back on the boat and the DM and captain were quite concerned and a little angry about his disappearance. Once they found out who he was, they were stoked. He actually found a new species while we were there but they said he couldn't take it with him, but they would send it to him. They never did.

Last edited:
My gear lives on one side of my LR, including 4 tanks and pony. But there is almost always drysuit or wetsuit hanging to dry in bathroom. Various small bits of gear are scattered about living room on side tables and sofa.

@Sam Miller III I've got 4 masks sitting on my breakfast bar. :D

DSC04292_zps358b380e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
There's some scuba gear packed under that pile in the back. And a compressor and tanks downstairs. But this is what a father and 3 sons accumulate hunting fish. (Note the curtain rods....old bent spearshafts. I'm going to open a bar in Belize....the Bent Shaft Saloon and start a blues band )
The boat parked in front....(now it's under a boat port right outside my bedroom) is a give away too. :cheers:
DSC04292_zps358b380e.jpg

IMG_3453_zpsuahkprlg.jpg

Hank,
Thank you for sharing

Resembles my library /den/office.....Lots and lots of dive books collected over 60 years and five custom spear guns; two Bottom Scratchers (aka Potts gun) dating from 1950s, a custom Riffe, an Alexander and a highly modified short Arbalete.

You shotten arms appear to be either rife or a custom - had to ID in pictures'

Thanks again for sharing

Sam Miller, 111

You’re welcome, Sam.
Those hybrid guns are Daryl Wong’s builds. The two others are Riffes.

I would assume there are a number Scuba board members who also have homes with diver/nautical décor.
Not so much if their SO isn't into diving. :)

My - and the boys' - gear is stored in one of the few storage rooms we have in the house. SWMBO isn't thrilled by us using some of the storage space we had for shoes, winter clothing, bags, suitcases etc., but she realizes that the gear has to go somewhere. And that the garage isn't a good place, given the climate we have (besides, that would mean we wouldn't have been able to put the car there during winter...). It's a bit of a PITA to dig the stuff out every time we go diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom