A dive for the Chipper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Dennis:
I've been diving with them in Mexico. Pretty big, eh? Are there reefs there or muck diving?

The reefs around San Miguel Island were very nice. Very similar to what we saw in PG (not surprising, really). There are also lots of caverns around the island that are real easy to get into. Plenty of critters of all sizes - some really beautiful nudies too.

The only bummer is Manta Bowl itself. It's a make or break type dive. it's a submerged island that starts at about 15m depth and drops to 25 metres before turning into a wall. There were huge currents when I was there, and it is basically a case of jump in, sink as fast as possible, hook yourself to a rock and then sit. And wait. The chances are about 50-50 that you'll see a manta or whale shark. I saw a whale shark on my first dive, but the next 3 were just practice being hooked toa rock. There is not much to see on this dive, so, as I said, no mantas/whalesharks and it's a boring dive.

San Mig Island on the other hand (and it does kind alook like a bottle of San Mig on it's side.. kinda... after a few San Migs..) was always a pleasure to dive :)

Z...

ishbaby:
Player #10 should take up diving . . . . and should visit PI anytime soon. . :D
Do i have to show the girls of PPD how to take a slap shot when i get to PI?

Zeeman:
Got cheer girls, Dennis?

Z...

We used to when we started the team in Tacoma, Washington in '95. Thanks for the trip report Z.

@ Ish. I'll tell him.

Dang! Wish I'd be at DOR IV now - those hockey jerseys are awesome! :)

Dad, so the rockets are not originally from Kelowna? Learn something new everyday!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom