A day at the park ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

do it easy:
Those are some neat pictures- I'm not sure what that second one is, but it's amazing. It's the one that looks like translucent, white plastic spikes.

I thought those ling cod were little fish. :11: I'm having second thoughts about diving there...

The big fish are more interested in eating crab than eating you. :D I did get a pic, but not a good one....at one point he turned his head and looked straight at me with the little crab legs dangling from his mouth, but he was too quick for me to get that shot.

deliciouscrab.jpg

They were both fantastic dives. It's challenging diving with Bob, because I swear he sprouts gills as soon as he hits the water. Even after more than 80 minutes, he still had 1400 psi left. I had...much less. :)

jeckyll:
Bob, I thought DoItEasy was asking about the second picture, the White-Lined Dirona :)

Great pictures btw!

Bjorn
Ah ... that'll teach me to read the question before replyinig ... :shakehead

I was thinking he was asking about the uncommon nudi ... not one that we see on practically every dive. I have much better pics of the white-lined dirona (aka "alabaster nudibranch"). Here's one I took earlier this year ... also at Edmonds ...

ripple.jpg

Nice shot Penelope ... glad you were able to catch up with the hungry cabezon ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Penopolypants:
The big fish are more interested in eating crab than eating you. :D

Geez, any fish that can eat a crab whole has my respect. :11: I bet you can hear it crunching underwater.

NWGratefuldiver:
I was thinking he was asking about the uncommon nudi ... not one that we see on practically every dive.
In Lake Michigan, fish are a rare sight on some wrecks. :D

Penelope-GREAT SHOT!

That is just downright cool to see a cabbie with a crab in his mouth . . .

I've been dry docked with a funky ear all weekend, these shots served as my diving fix . .

Thanks! :)

It was nice to get back to Edmonds and take a break from Ye Olde Cove 2.

dsteding:
Penelope-GREAT SHOT!

That is just downright cool to see a cabbie with a crab in his mouth . . .

I've been dry docked with a funky ear all weekend, these shots served as my diving fix . .
Was wondering why I didn't see you down at The Office yesterday ... everybody else I know was there.

You missed a great squall. We got rain, hail, and high winds. As we were surf-(ace swim)-ing out to begin our Advanced Nitrox class, I passed Joe T and his class coming in ... I hollered over and asked Joe if he brought his surfboard ...

Those of you who've taken a class with me would've been amused to see me struggle with the skills down there ... payback's a bear sometimes ... :shakehead ... but Randy's a damn good instructor ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Cove 2 water was chock full of humility yesterday. Maybe it was the rain.

I've never had a wave break over my head in Cove 2 before. Just goes to show you that diving can continue to surprise . . .

NWGratefulDiver:
Was wondering why I didn't see you down at The Office yesterday ... everybody else I know was there.

You missed a great squall. We got rain, hail, and high winds. As we were surf-(ace swim)-ing out to begin our Advanced Nitrox class, I passed Joe T and his class coming in ... I hollered over and asked Joe if he brought his surfboard ...

Those of you who've taken a class with me would've been amused to see me struggle with the skills down there ... payback's a bear sometimes ... :shakehead ... but Randy's a damn good instructor ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Darn it, I would have liked to see all of that . . . :D

This is the first weekend in about the last month and a half I've not been in the water, and tomorrow will be a whole week since I last got a dive in. There is only so much house cleaning one can do . . .

Great photos! I wish I were there!

Great pics. The fish shots were especially good.

Back
Top Bottom