A Crab-Tastic Day Aboard the No Pressure: Marineland Platform 5.14.12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would say those efforts were not modest! Lovely, sharp photos of tiny critters. But my favorite is the first crab photo, with the anemone tentacles behind the carapace. Nicely composed!

But my favorite is the first crab photo, with the anemone tentacles behind the carapace. Nicely composed!
Thx. It was my favorite as well :wink:

Had to call my solo dive this morning. The tide was going out by the time I got to Marineland and there was lots of water movement over the Garden. Swell was pumping hard over the point as well. I could have made the entry easily enough, but I would been thrown around by surge the whole dive. Total bummer, especially since I scoped conditions yesterday afternoon and conditions were so nice I could see Garabaldi swimming at the 120 from the cliff side above. Ugh.

Went and scoped White Point as well. Conditions were worse there. The swell is back my friends :(

I got some nice braided line so I can re-attach the buoy to the platform. It's a slightly shorter swim than the cove-to-point jaunt. It only looks longer because it's offshore. :)

I got some nice braided line so I can re-attach the buoy to the platform. It's a slightly shorter swim than the cove-to-point jaunt. It only looks longer because it's offshore. :)

I wouldn't shore dive the platform solo, but if your willing to do the swim with me......:wink: I've been looking for an excuse to get my flag/float wet.

Back
Top Bottom