A cooperative Undulate Moray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nice one!

His jaw was a bit off, here's a shot from straight on.

Here's a question for the Oly photographers on board. I was having obvious troubles with the coral head on the lower right. Most everything along the borders was washing out heavily like I was taking a pic over sand. I wasn't really paying attention to my settings so I'm not sure what it was all about, this is actually one of my pictures where it is somewhat less evident - the others are so blasted out and green it's extrememly noticeable. Any ideas on shots where there is a high contrast area in the frame?

later

Steve

Tortuga Roja:
Nice shot!

He looks like he has some jaw damage. Like he bit a piece of re-bar or something.

friscuba:
Here's a question for the Oly photographers on board. I was having obvious troubles with the coral head on the lower right.
What camera, what mode (full auto, manual etc) and were you using the internal flash or an external strobe? The EXIF data will also help.

I have an Oly D-40. It'd probably help greatly if I actually really read (skimmed it once about a year after buying the camera) the manual one of these days. I usually just shoot in A/S/M mode (so I can make sure it has enough speed to not come out a blurry mess) in macro and toggle the adjustment left or right that seems to affect light colored backgrounds on the LCD until it seems OK and then take the shot. The other day it seemed that the camera was much more sensitive to the contrast changes - the eel was in a dark hole which was surrounded by white coral.

The internal flash was on, but I knew the coral head would be trouble just looking at the LCD screen prior to taking the shot. Sorry I can't be more help, don't even know how to call up the settings information. Maybe I'll do some reading, might be nice considering the fact that I do actually occasionally bumble my way into a decent photo with this thing.

Steve

ReyeR:
What camera, what mode (full auto, manual etc) and were you using the internal flash or an external strobe? The EXIF data will also help.

Back
Top Bottom