A Concern for all Bonaire Lovers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Web Monkey:
Who are you planning on complaining to? It's just free enterprise. The ships don't dock on a whim. Somebody in the local government threw out the "Welcome Mat".

Anyway, I was there last week and it's just fine.

You shouldn't worry too much about the "Pod People". I was one of them. They gave us about 6 hours on the island and none of it was for jetskiing. I got in two incredible shore dives behind Bonaire Dive & Adventure and liked it so much I'm going back for a week on March 17.

Terry

Just planning to let them know that at least one visitor to the island thinks ATVs in the park is a bad idea (and don't even get me started about jetskis).

I don't mean to imply that all people on cruise ships are dreaded pod people. I'm sure there are plenty of good folks who enjoy cruises. I do think that cruise ships contain a much higher percentage of bemulleted jet-ski riding ugly loudmouthed tourists than the normal mostly hardcore diver set of visitors to Bonaire and I'm not going to be happy if the island is packed with that sort of tourist and/or the types of industries that tend to grow where a steady stream of such tourists exists.

Glad you enjoyed Bonaire and I hope I do too!

They should get off their lazy arses and walk the park. We did. It's also great for mountain biking. We kayaked over to Klein, its an easy paddle, even with a bit of a breeze.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom