A case to hold electronics while diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm going back to Bonaire diving and I need to take my phone with me, due to work. When going to different dive sites. I don' want to leave it in the truck. Is there a waterproof case that will let me take it diving? I don't want to use it underwater but would love to be able to take it so that I have more freedom and don't have to worry about it being in the room all day.

How about the Kraken Sporthousing? There isn't much out there more waterproof than this for a phone. If you are taking your phone you may as well be able to use it. I saw another diver using one, quite impressive and took very nice photos.
Kraken Sports

Pelican makes some great waterproof cases that will protect your phone. Check out their website at www.pelican.com/us/en.

Dive safe !!

Divegoose

Am I understanding you’re just want something to keep your phone dry from splashes while on the boat? If so, check out the camping aisle at your local discount store. There are plastic boxes with a good seal meant for phones to be kept dry during kayaking, etc. I got mine at Walmart. Cost about US $10. I use mine on the dive boat. Big enough to hold my iPhone 8 Plus, keys, and cash for boat tip. These cases are not for taking your phone underwater!

Am I understanding you’re just want something to keep your phone dry from splashes while on the boat? If so, check out the camping aisle at your local discount store. There are plastic boxes with a good seal meant for phones to be kept dry during kayaking, etc. I got mine at Walmart. Cost about US $10. I use mine on the dive boat. Big enough to hold my iPhone 8 Plus, keys, and cash for boat tip. These cases are not for taking your phone underwater!

Bonaire Marie. We'll forgive you because you only dive in freezing water on the Great Lakes. After you exit the truck in Bonaire, you do a shore dive. No boats.

You should definitely try it some time!

No, that's not his problem. Bonaire is shore diving. You drive to each site, park, and dive. Vehicle crime is rampant to the point where the advice is to roll down the windows, unlock the doors, and leave nothing in the vehicle while diving. Nothing to break or steal, so no problems.

OP wants to bring his phone, but doesn't know what to do with it...

I know you didn't ask, but I would never advise taking anything electronic underwater, no matter what it is in. Chip car keys nowadays have spurned discussions on SB as to what to do with them. I think what I would do would be to hide it somewhere in the (motel) room--like under the mattress? Or maybe there is a room safe? Tough question. My wife's passport was stolen once, but she left it lying on a motel bed. That was in Las Vegas. The Canadian Consulate in LA was no help at all. She had to somehow fly to Detroit and have someone drive across the border to get her and drive back. What would you do with your passport in Bonaire?--probably even more important than your phone.

How about the Kraken Sporthousing? There isn't much out there more waterproof than this for a phone. If you are taking your phone you may as well be able to use it. I saw another diver using one, quite impressive and took very nice photos.
Kraken Sports
Thanks... Love the quality of the Kraken. Already have a camera that we use so I'm just looking for something to hold things in. I'm thinking the easiest way is to just take my sim card alternatively and the phone I use for sports and hiking.

That's my problem in bonaire. We use a truck and pretty much leave windows open as you'll get your window smashed. Which is more costly and you lose everything. ld love a small case that I can take with me.

Bonaire Marie. We'll forgive you because you only dive in freezing water on the Great Lakes. After you exit the truck in Bonaire, you do a shore dive. No boats.

You should definitely try it some time!

Sweet Jesus, why? I despise hot water and hot weather! I’m way too hot when the quarry is in the low 70s on the shallow side in the summer. Why should I pay good money to go somewhere for warm water diving? Makes no sense. The cost of a tropical trip would pretty much cover an unlimited annual pass for DRIS’ boats. Much better value for my dollars.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom