A boat is a hole in the ,,,,,,

How many divers have their own dive boat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I owe both these damn hobbies/obssesions to my wife/father-in-law! I had wanted to get into SCUBA for years, but never had the time, money, or buddy. He's dived sinced '69, and got the bug back into my brain. Of course, now I'm here with the other addicts. He's also owned boats his whole life. I had never been on a boat before I met my wife. Go figure. Now I also have a 20ft SeaRay, and am dreaming of moving up to about a 25ft. Maybe water is just an addiction for me. Riding on it, swimming in it, diving under it, it's all good!

I have daydreams of dropping my boat (obviously a larger, better boat) into the dam/lock and cruising on down the river to the Miss, then into the gulf. Spending a season cruising the gulf and caribbean, diving when/where I feel. My father-in-law keeps threatening to by a 40ft and taking me to do this after he retires.

FD

What do you mean by milky colour in the exhaust?

Current 25 footer-Approx $500 for platform and ladder, tuna tower $1000, mods to get tuna tower to fit my boat will be approx $1000, anyone know a reasonable S Fl aluminum welder. Port engine has a milky color in exhaust, no idea what it is, no oil in crancase so I guess that's good, no idea what that will cost. It's about time to haul it out of the water, that will cost minimum of $1000.

Hopefully you mean no water in the crankcase. If your exhaust smoke is a dense white you could be burning water, milky discharge with the exhaust could mean you have a small leak in your oil cooler. Sometimes burning oil due to bad rings will also give you that milky exahust. Crappy fuel burning will give you black smoke. Easy check with a compression tester for bad rings. You may want to dive a bit more into that engine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom