9/15 - 9/16 Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rlskill1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
We had 2 charter trips this weekend aboard Sea Quest II from Discovery Diving in Beaufort.

Saturday: 9/15- we went to the U-352. Seas were 1-2 with a slight swell. Vis was about 40', water temp was still in the upper 70's. Saw lots of fish (big and small). I would post what fish I saw, but there is a collector wanting to collect scouting this forum.

Sunday: 9/16 - With the threat of crappy seas thanks to Hurricanes far offshore, we headed out anyway, hoping we could make our destination the "Papoose". The seas were really nice. Mostly 1-2 with a slight 3' swell. The water was blue and vis 60'+ on the surface down to 80-90'. Then the vis dropped to 10-20'. This was due to the surge and ground swell created by one of the offshore hurricanes 600-700 miles away. Water temps were still in the upper 70's with lots of fish on the wreck.

Our group was from way out west and they drove like 24hrs to come dive NC Wrecks! GREAT!! I'm glad they had a good time.

The speed boat races were being held in Morehead City this weekend, and luckily we arrived back to the inlet in time for the 2PM opening of the harbor.

The forecast looks good for this coming weekend and there is plenty of room available for diving with us this weekend. I'll be working on SeaQuest II this weekend, so come and go diving.

Roger

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom