9/11/07 Reef's End/Puu Olai B&B trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Had one of the best dives of my life today - It was "critter heaven" Blesi spent more time pointing out critters than I had time keeping up with and photographing them - lol.

Knew it was going to be a good day when we dropped in and were immediately greeted by a 4 ft Great barracuda hanging out at the mooring line. I was able to get pictures from just a couple feet away - Wonderful start.

It was a day of "4's"
4 White tips
4 Tiger Cowery shells
4 Green Hawaiian Lionfish
4 Helmet Shells

The short trip out and SI were filled with good conversation with Brad, while the dives were both nearly 1 hr long each.

Here are a few of the pics I got from today's dives.

IMG_2009.jpg

IMG_2015.jpg

IMG_2023.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg

IMG_2039.jpg

IMG_2040.jpg

IMG_2048.jpg

IMG_2066.jpg

IMG_2071.jpg

IMG_2074.jpg

IMG_2076.jpg

IMG_2094.jpg

I love playing "find the fish" in those pictures!!! Oh, and I'm glad that I'm not the only one with my finger in the pics with the scrambled egg nudis!

This was the largest one I had seen, so I needed something in the pic to compare it too - maybe I need to start diving with a ruler :wink:

IMG_2084.jpg

IMG_2055.jpg

IMG_2081.jpg

Even though I took this shot I have trouble finding him in it ... and he fills up the entire frame lol!

What's a strobe? :wink: j/k I use a Canon SD630 - I use the internal "strobe" for macro shots, but no strobe for anything beyond 6 inches usually.

It's a nice little (emphasis on little) camera I can just tuck into my pocket, housing and all, on every dive. Plus it lets me take video of students for later review ... fits my needs well.

Aloha, Tim

wow.. that "little" camera generates a bright "strobe"..

i need to upgrade from my nikon to a canon :biggrin3:

great photos tim!

btw.. would it help if i removed that white piece of plastic on my housing which covers my flash?
seems that solid white plastic prevents the flash from going very far..

Are you kidding me???? That is awesome. I have a Canon SD700 that I was considering purchasing a housing for. But I didn't think it would be worth it. I might have to reconsider!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom