80's song title game

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

randini

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Ok, so I know I'm new here, but I found this section and realized theat you are all here for some kicks. So, I thought of something that make for a fun game. Actually it's based on something I saw in another forum, but I've made some changes to try and make it more interesting.

The idea is the 80's song title game. How do you play? easy!! I'll start the game with a classic song I just watched the video for on the awesome TV we have here in Chile. I'll put the author and the name of the song. Then the next person has to match almost any of the words in the song title with one other word from another song form the 80's and post it with the author.

For example, if I just heard "Ah-ha - Cry Wolf" (which I did, but that's not the song we're starting with), the next person could reply "Duran Duran - Hungry like a Wolf" (note the word "wolf" matches between the songs). Please put the matching words in bold to make it easier for the rest to follow.

So, but why did I say ALMOST any words? Well, there are certain words that make it WAY to easy and these will not be included. For now, the list of words that will not included is: a, the, I, me, you, love, him, her, she, he, we, us, song, boy, girl (more will probably be added as the game goes on).

It's OK if a song has one or more of these words in the title, you just cannot base the link between the song on them.

Anyways, double, triple, quadruple and so on word bonuses count!!! But, since nobody will be keeping score, it's only good for extra some laughs and maybe the inlfation of e-genetalia.

Most important, have fun and try to listen to the songs, if you can!! Remember, only songs from the 80's!

I'll start...

Milli Vanilli - Girl you know it's true
(yes I did actually just watch the milli vanilli video)

Billy Joel - Uptown Girl (1983)

I thought we couldn't use "girl"
Start over
Dirty Laundry
Don Henley

yea, girl is one of those words that will come up in millions of song titles and makes it all to easy.

Van Halen - Dirty Movies

Moved to "Humor, Games, Clips, Yarns & Tales"
Dirty Diana
Michael Jackson

Private Eyes
Hall and Oates (probably more 70's, but oh well)

Bette Davis Eyes
Kim Carnes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom