8" Ikelite Dome with slight movement. Is that normal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ikelite pressure tests every housing before it ships. IMHO, diving without the camera is overdoing it. If the main orings are gonna leak, they will more likely do it in a bucket or bathtub where there is less pressure. If you have a pool at home it doesn't hurt to check your assembly skills but to waste a dive? I think that on the first dive, having already checked it in a bucket, if you watch it closely as you descend you are being properly vigilant. Almost all fl@#ds occur from improper assembly so that needs to be checked every time. Other reasons include the loosening of parts or missing clips. These should also be checked topside before every dive.

I agree Mike. I never did test without a camera but I always check and lube if necessary, the O-rings every time I open the housing. I don't always do the dunk in the tank test either but do watch it carefully as I descend and turn on the camera and strobes.

Back
Top Bottom