8 divers wanted for 3 year contract in Dubai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:popcorn:

let us know when the positions are filled:D

nothing wrong with limiting jobs to your nationals / natives. It's done all the time, like in Russia, and even that weird place called Alaska:D

Have to admit that the meany posts are informative. Lots of details need to be provided before signng a contract:

workman's comp or equivalent?
safety data sheets for the chmicals being used?
what types of chemicals are being used?
liability if fish die after cleanings?
finalized scope of work
picture of intended living quarters and location
etc etc.

Close this thread, you guys have scared Leny Day off and I'm sure hes going to look elsewhere for employees. $125,000 a year for cleaning an aquarium ? Wow!!!

Close this thread, you guys have scared Leny Day off and I'm sure hes going to look elsewhere for employees. $125,000 a year for cleaning an aquarium ? Wow!!!

he said we should name our price. :)

he said we should name our price. :)

Exactly...good job, Randy :D However, I would have gone for $2,500,000 for two years, but hey, I shoot high and negotiate down:D

(that is 2.5 million for two years by the way)

Any of you ever have a teacher who asked you what you think you should get for a grade for his class? If so, you will remember that the correct answer is always, "A", regardless of what you actually earned:D....or "A+" or "A+++++", depending how the coarse includes such descriptives.

Yes, I agree, you should never surrender your passport, but often people get all the way over there, can't afford a plane ticket back, and then hear the news.

However, this is standard policy. Many major cruise ship lines ask that you surrender your passport to the ship steward.

It still sounds pretty cool to me, as long as I get to dive in the Red Sea while I am there. I almost took a job in UAE a few years back, but took one in the Lesser Antilles instead.
One must bare in mind the rewards of working in a foreign country... as long as the pay is acceptable for the cost of living... the rest is up to you... just like any job, you get out of it what you put into it.
I didn't make much money working in mexico...but I took away something I will carry for the rest of my life. I didn't get into diving hoping to get rich...

I wonder if the swiss hiking girls team ( budweiser commerical) need a "diver" .
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm??????

I can learn to play the Accordian and wear a leiderhossen>!!!

Please sent me more information about this job

Thank you

Patricio

I tried to get a job "cleaning whale poop" at Shedd aquarium in chicago. Volunteer, you provide gear, but there was a year long waiting list. So I would say the going rate in chicago is less than 0--you pay to work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom