8-18 Channel Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Here are a few from Mosquito Wall on San Clemente Island

These guys were in every hole. Sometimes dozens of them. Bet they won't be in October!

P8180012-01cropsm.jpg

Juvenile Garibaldi

DivingChannelIslands8-17to8-19-0-1.jpg

Juvenile Kelp Bass

DivingChannelIslands8-17to8-19-0612.jpg

Blue Striped Goby (actual size, about 3/4") Sorry about the lack of DOF. Taken at full zoom-no macro lens.

DivingChannelIslands8-17to8-19-0611.jpg

Red Irish Lord?

DivingChannelIslands8-17to8-19-0615.jpg

1079ebcf.jpg

School of Yellowfin Tuna

P8180120-02smps.jpg

Distant Barracuda

P8180024-01cropsm.jpg

alcina:
Looks like a really active dive!!

It was. Amazing number of lobsters, some huge, covered the wall. Literally thousands of juveniles of all sorts, and maybe a dozen of the blue stripe gobies per square foot. I have never seen so much life in one place.

Very very nice Larry. Looks like you guys had a fantastic trip and saw a lot of the Channel Islands. I love your Catalina (blue-banded) goby shot, I must have fired 1000 frames of those little guys before I got one that was identifiable :) Good job.

Nice, Howard! I hope to dive down there, soon.

Jcsgt:
Nice, Howard! I hope to dive down there, soon.

Ouch! Or maybe not. Howard takes real nice pictures, so I guess I'm not offended. You'll have a good time, Chantal. This was my first time there and I was quite impressed. Third time for my wife. The first two were both during huge storms, and she still liked it enough to drag me along and sign up for the opening day of Lobster season in October as well.

Thanks, Ken. I had a tough time with those little guys till I cranked up the zoom. I was thankful to get a decent focus, though I think the best one turned out to be the guy next to the lobster in the first shot.

Back
Top Bottom