737 destroyed by O2 explosion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm working with Silent Diving to perhaps become a dealer for these valves. Perhaps we can work a deal for ScubaBoard members if this comes to fruition.

@rsingler any chance you’ll be able to offer these closer to AP pricing than Silent Diving pricing?

Quoting from AP's site, they seem to emphasize opening past that critical point very carefully, and waiting once you see the bare start of pressure rise. I would read that as it is possible to get a much slower pressurization, but if you just give it two quick turns, the valve made little difference. I think we need some video of SPG rise with a careful open and a two quick turns open, done with air.

Underlining the key bit.
"""
When pressurising the oxygen system, for the first half turn or so it appears that nothing is happening. You should continue to open the valve a fraction at a time until the HP gauge needle just starts to move, if necessary, closing the valve slightly if the pressurisation rate is too fast, then stop and wait until it reaches full pressurisation.

NOTE: ALWAYS PRESSURISE HP OXYGEN SYSTEMS EXTREMELY SLOWLY - TAKING BETWEEN 1-2 MINUTES TO REACH FULL PRESSURE.

The new AP Oxygen Valves are an advance in safety designed to reduce the risk of sudden pressurisation and the generation of adiabatic heat which could ignite an oxygen fire in the first stage if contamination is present. They should be used in conjunction with the new AP Restricted Oxygen HP Hoses, also launched in October 2019.
"""

The first half turn with nothing seeming to happen may be the more useful bit if you forget procedure, maybe you stop by then. Slow pressurizing seems good, but that part of the design does not read like it prevents a mistake.

Oxygen Rebreather Cylinder Valve | AP Diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom