$720.00 Scubapro trilam drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divad

Contributor
Reaction score
Any opinions on Scubapro drysuit? They look pretty good for $720.00.

aquaoren:
Pics? A little more info?
Scubapro drysuits are fairly popular in Europe. :wink:
DESCRIPTION:

Manufactured from a nylon/butyl/nylon tri-laminate that offers handcrafted quality, extreme endurance, and resistance to cold temperatures, the Anchorage Trilmainate offers flexibility and comfort overa wide range of temperatures and conditions. The Butyl layer sandwiched between a tough outer material and comfort lining is extremely resistant to most chemicals encountered by divers, to Ozone and ultraviolet, and remains supple in very low temperatures.

Features:

-Latex wrist & neck seals for a tight comfortable fit

-Elasticated waist to ensure snug fit

-Neoprene covers to prolong the life of the seal

-Exclusive Scubapro inflation and dump system

-Neoprene lined boots

-Taped and stitched seams for superior sealing qualities

-Internal 50mm braces

-Includes Scubapro super stretch hood

-Internal & external zip protector

-Low profile cargo pocket

-Hard wearing yet flexible armortex knee pads

Include bag

aquaoren:
Pics? A little more info?
Scubapro drysuits are fairly popular in Europe. :wink:

That's true....

DUI is too much popular in US.... Maybe, it is because DUI is US based company.

Looks pretty darn good! Just checked it out at diveinn.com. $720 and many of the features DUI has at almost 300 less when comparing to the back entry basic suit DUI offers at almost 1000 clams or more depending on who ya buy from. Here is a link. If word gets out, this thing could become the new "Bare Nex Gen," lol.

You even get a pocket, a hood, and knee padding. Not sure what neoprene covers for the seals are. Maybe a layer of neoprene over the latex seals? Anyone?

I would give it a go if I were in the market for a cheaper priced dry suit!

http://www.scubapro.co.uk/products.asp?P=407

scubadobadoo:
Looks pretty darn good! Just checked it out at diveinn.com. $720 and many of the features DUI has at almost 300 less when comparing to the back entry basic suit DUI offers at almost 1000 clams or more depending on who ya buy from. Here is a link. If word gets out, this thing could become the new "Bare Nex Gen," lol.

You even get a pocket, a hood, and knee padding. Not sure what neoprene covers for the seals are. Maybe a layer of neoprene over the latex seals? Anyone?

I would give it a go if I were in the market for a cheaper priced dry suit!

http://www.scubapro.co.uk/products.asp?P=407

Good point. But, in service and warranty wise, it is much better to get some suits that are common in US market. Divetank offers 5 year warranty and DUI offers 7 years warranty....

Looks like a nice suit for a good price but as the other said, fit is imperative.
If you have issues with it, I don't think that Scubapro USA will even touch it. If everything works out well, you may come out as a winner but should you have issues with it, the savings can be eaten up very quickly by various shipping costs or local repairs out of your pocket.
All this provided we are talking about the same suit from Diveinn.com and you are located in NYC and don't travel regulary to Spain. :wink:

Always great points from jim, hoosier and aquaoren!

Just some random thoughts directed at any new divers considering buying a dry suit as I know these discussions will attract readers who may not post...

Dry suits can be very tricky. It cost me almost 70 bucks to ship my NEW dry suit (with proper insurance) back to DUI to fix my leaking exhaust valve, a situation MANY have had in the past with the low profile valve previously used by DUI. 70 bucks for warranty service that shouldn't have been an issue in the first place! I still had to pay it eventhough they sold it and made it that way and agreed it was an issue I shouldn't have had to deal with!! But that's how it works. Heck, it seems even some people who buy custom suits get it and then find it doesn't fit! DUI makes mistakes, other companies make mistakes, and so do the people measuring. But that's how it works. Dry suits can be very tricky.

I agree, repairs and the shipping costs that come with them must always be included in the cost to own a dry suit. Not something most will tell you about when selling you a dry suit. Some folks get lucky and have a DRY dry suit without problems for years. Many however, do have issues at some point, regardless of the company that made it. Not to mention, things rip, tear, and leak. It's kind of a crazy thing really. A water proof suit made of thin fabrics that can cost more than all your other gear combined, lol! I'm always surprised that they work as well as they do!

I always warn ANYONE buying a dry suit for the first time to really evaluate the NEED for one. Most people who buy one don't really NEED one eventhough it's a nice thing to have. WHEN IT WORKS, lol! Every diver NEEDS a regulator. Do I regret buying my dry suit? No, but I would have just purchased a cheaper one because in the world of dry suits nobody has yet proven to me that you get what you pay for. Several diver's I know have Bare Nex Gens and they are as happy, as dry, as warm, and less broke than I am. It's a personal choice, but don't think that just because you pay more and they say it's better, it will be. With that said, ease of repair is a major concern and shipping will have to be dealt with as stated before if you buy from Spain or the internet, or maybe even from a LDS like me.

Dry suits can be tricky but when they work, they rock!:D

Thanks Scubadobadoo. I'm mulling over the "need" issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom