7 year old Sherwood Magnum...what should I know?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DarinJ

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
There's a craigslist ad for a Sherwood Magnum reg as part of a package of gear (Scuba Gear). According to the seller, "The gear is 7 years old. Dived for 1 year and stored for 6". I haven't seen it yet as it's about 50km away in the next town.

I'm wondering what I should be asking about the Magnum and what I should be watching for if I go look at it. And, of course, what is a fair offer for the gear set? The rest of the gear, I can take or leave, but the reg is what I'm mainly focused on.

I'm a new diver--just made my 30th dive. I'm strictly recreational & mostly shallow as my buddy is my 12 year old son. Diving mostly lakes in the Okanagan valley (BC, Canada) with trips to Vancouver for ocean diving (& rare trips to Hawaii), so gear needs to handle fairly low water and air temps.

Any thoughts?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom