7' Hose Questions (not routing)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm... I just thought that if you have your octo on a necklace that allows you to access it even without using your hands then I assume you have it configured from your right hand side
Correct.
that is for you to use (not for your buddy).
Correct.
You would have to twist it around to give it to your dive buddy and it would have a kink in the hose and also when swimming along with your body on octo fitted on the right will either make the hose go under your chin and run across your throat or behind your head.
I donate the primary (long hose) that I'm breathing off of. That way my buddy gets a known, working regulator I can easily access my backup under my chin, and my primary has plenty of length that we're not nose to nose, even without undoing the entire length.
Plus the hose is longer for your buddy if situaited on the left... If you have it connected from the left hand side then you would always have that kink in the hose if used (picked up) by you without using hands... This is just an observation. I have my octo configured from the left so the necklace will act just as a simple octo holder in this case and won't allow me to grab the octo without using hands, I would have to detach it from the holder anyway and throw behind my head (to avoid twists, leakage, and kinks) to use myself, or use it conventionaly for its main purpose that is for the buddy in trouble. Well, either way your suggestion to use necklaces as regular octo holders is quite interesting and I think I will give it a try to check if this option is better than the one I currently use. :D
On a single tank setup, both of my hoses come off of my primary on the right side in somewhat of a V configuration. It will look something like this:

O<===

With the O being my first stage and the <=== representing the two hoses coming off of the first stage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom