7 Feb diving???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sylvester

Reaction score
Anybody know of any thing open and not froze over?

If you have a shore entry site in mind school me on what your thinking. Xjae?? you have anything in mind?

the 21st is what I heard but I get the impression DS is froze also.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be warm enough over the next three weeks to thaw it out. I think it is actually supposed to be in the 30's this week!!

Let me know if you find a place to dive...I'm always willing.

Frank

The weekend of 21 and 22 Feb ay Dutch has been designated for Instructors only (with students). Dutch is mostly frozen but the ice is really thin. This week the temperatures in the Philly area will be above freezing (low 40's). The weather in Allentown is somewhat cooler, but in the winter the difference is not that much. So, if the weather continues to stay this way Dutch may be OK for diving. The staff at Dutch is holding off until the weather improves to give the go ahead (or at least that is what I think they are doing since they have not replied to my requests).

I will be diving if Dutch is open. I do not have conflicts that weekend so either day is OK with me. If you are not diving with a class, PM me and I will get you in.

The staff has confirmed that Dutch has frozen over. They will allow Ice Diving with a certified Ice Diver Instructor. I am hoping that with the milder weather, it will be all liquid by next week. We can only hope.

ScubaK-Dawg:
Brian, do you know if the Dina Dee is going out this weekend?

Haven't heard anything yet, but Capt Tom had left me a message earlier today...will give you a shout if I hear anything....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom