7/26- 7/27 North Shore dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very ironic because we missed out seeing the famous blue ring octopus in Indonesia, only to stumble over one in our own backyard. Go figure.

The one you might have see in Indonesia would have had more rings and would have been poisonous, no?

Indonesia has both the kind with many rings and the one-ringed variety. I believe they are poisonous.

Do you know if the hawaiian ringed variety is poisonous as well?

Interesting! Thanks for that

As for our little guys being poisonous, I am tempted to say no. Only because we had to catch it and cut off the tip of one of the arms and nothing happened to any of us.

Crab lover,

I recently bought a very bright light (70 lumens)-- I know that it's definitely helping me find the really tiny stuff. I've been keeping it on the whole dive-- so I'm spending WAAAY too much on the batteries (it's not the kind that can use rechargeables:shakehead:).

We logged 5 dives this past weekend, so we spent HOURS doing the looking and only MINUTES doing the finding :wink:.

NH

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom