7/22 Johnson Street

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the gooch

Contributor
Reaction score
I will be diving off of Johnson St. in Hollywood tomorrow morning if anyone would like to join. So far we have a group of three and all are welcome. Meet at 8 a.m. and in water by 8:30. Weather should be clear until mid afternoon. We meet in the parking lot which is one street South of Johnson Street in Hollywood (next to the mini golf and parking garage). Don't forget to pay your parking meter (I got a visit from the ticket fairy earlier this week for being 15 minutes late).

I'll be down that way with MB and a group of 5-6 of us.
Not sure if we're headed for Johnson, but I'll see if we can steer em that way.

How's the dive there compered to lbts? depth vis & number of fish
i'm coming over for the weekend mayby i'll give it a try.

DIVER_11:

a lot better
LBTS was great at one point but due to the re-nourishment and the ongoing construction on the pier the life at that place has diminished

visibility at johnson is good as long as there are no heavy action waves.

tons more fish , lot more things to see, including several ledges and a brick alley which seems pretty cool to me

DIVER_11:
Another alternative to LBTS is Pompano Beach to the north. It would be a little closer for you coming from Clemiston. There is a beautiful ledge in 15'-20'. You can enter from SE 2nd ST, just south of Atlantic, and there are meters right at the beach. Be prepared though...it's a haul butt swim to the ledge.

I may be in tomorrow morning.

I'll be there!!!

Whoo hoo! Got a sitter for Hermit Crab. See ya tomorrow morning!

The weather predictors are calling for very light winds, woo hoo!

Gooch, I promised you that I'd get by the beach tonight for a look-see, but my BF's mother is ill and we are going to Dade to see her, and I might not get time to go to the beach tonight. Based on the forecast, I believe we are a GO!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom