7/14 Maui pic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Undulated Moray
1.jpg

nice shot

Great, as usual. Just how close are you when you take a pic like that? I've always heard eels have bad eyesight and worry about one of them trying to bite at me if I get too close. Okay, I've said it, I'm a little scared! :shakehead

RichKirby:
Great, as usual. Just how close are you when you take a pic like that? I've always heard eels have bad eyesight and worry about one of them trying to bite at me if I get too close. Okay, I've said it, I'm a little scared! :shakehead

I was about two feet from this one and used my zoom then cropped the photo in PS to get even closer.

I too have concern about being attacked by one, especially this species, as it is the most aggressive one we have.

I'm not one to harass the wild life, but this moray was used to being fed and became a bit agitated when the Dive Master teased him with an empty food container. He was free swimming and nipping at fins. I used my camera housing to direct him away from me.

Gilligan - I love your photos and what you are able to do with your Oly 4000 setup. I was making a presentation on underwater photography at my local scuba club last week and a few of your pictures along with a picture of your gear was my example of excellent photos without spending a fortune on the newest gear. Keep up the good work. I look forward to your daily post.

David

HeresJohnny-Small.jpg

AUTiger:
Gilligan - I love your photos and what you are able to do with your Oly 4000 setup. I was making a presentation on underwater photography at my local scuba club last week and a few of your pictures along with a picture of your gear was my example of excellent photos without spending a fortune on the newest gear. Keep up the good work. I look forward to your daily post.

David

68.gif

Thank you David. I really appreciate your compliment.

Gilligan:
I too have concern about being attacked by one

As you should! One of the instructors I work with is a tech diver. She and her dive buddies had one take offense and attack from about 30 feet away. They were at over
200 feet at the time. Fortunately, when they got quickly out of its immediate territory, it broke off the attack.

Gilligan,

I went to your website... Un real photos... 2 quick questions

(1) Is that red lobster with the claws from Hawaii?

(2) is there any creature you want to photograph that you have not ever seen in hawaii?

JMD123:
Gilligan,

I went to your website... Un real photos... 2 quick questions

(1) Is that red lobster with the claws from Hawaii?

(2) is there any creature you want to photograph that you have not ever seen in hawaii?

1. Yes, that lobster is from here. It is very small. Every photo in the Hawaii section is from here.

2. There are many critters here that I have not seen and/or photographed. For one, the Dragon Moray. A Whale Shark would also be nice :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom