67 Dives in June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

100days-a-year

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
So I turned 50 this month and find myself still diving for living,can't believe how grateful I am to have this opportunity.

The WT is variable from 67 to 74 in thermoclines with dirty green/yellow algae in the middle and 40-60' vis on top and bottom.

Most dives were in SC but also GA and off NE Fla.Saw evidence that there are treasure hunters blowing sand in a few areas in close 80' to 100' on wrecks I normally don't see a lot of people.More wreck showing and the fish are using it as cover.
We dove a lot of continental shelf and last trip I found an area that slopes 151 to 193' in less than a hundred feet.Almost a wall.My other diver went halfway down it and decided to become landscape when a 16-18' tiger shark circled.We saw quite a few,mostly sandbars but several each tiger,dusky and carribean reef.Got bumped and chased out of the water by a 8' sandbar on 6/24 after a Scooby snack:no: on my stringer.

Fish migrations are weird this year,plenty of them but in unusual depths for the species.They should sort out the first tropical storm to really hit up the coast.

Big animals in addition to the sharks so far include eagle and southern stingrays,amberjack to #100,cobia to 60#,numerous almaco,african pompano and even yellow jacks.A buddy saw a estimated 12' GWS off Charleston 2 weeks ago and another freedove with 10' tiger wearing his gopro and said he'd edit it and have it on youtube soon.

Taking off family time til probly the 4th and then back at it.Almost to 200 dives so far this year,should break it by the end of July:D

Jealously oozing, i couldn't imagine getting paid to do my second favorite thing in the world, your a lucky man sir.

Point us to that shark vid when it pops please, sounds like a goodun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom