6 person vacation on Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

20vturbo

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Aloha everyone its been a while since my last post....I am still planning on moving to Hawaii in a few years. It might be for just 6 mo. to a yr. so that I can still come back to this cheap state and save money to be able to retire there later but for now its time to plan the next vacation there!

There are 6 of our friends going from April 10th to the 21st, My wife and I are already certified however the others are not. I know for a fact that the other husband/wife coming with us are wanting to get certified. The other two would love to get it done but say they don't have the money. I am wondering if anyone knows of any local dive shop or local instructor that would give some sort of group rate. My wife and I are Naui certified but we would like to get an advanced OW certification and the other 4 would be interested in just the beginning open water certification. My wife and I dove Kaui, Niihau, Maui, and the big Island last April on our honeymoon (blog and video here Bryan and Lacie » Honeymoon)

We haven't finalized our plans but right now we are looking at spending the 11th-14th on the south side of the island in a rental condo. The 15th - 21st would be near the north shore in a rental house. I am not 100% sure, but I was thinking it might be better for us to switch that around for more time on the south side? Any suggestions on how long to stay in what area, or how to stay in Hawaii cheaper would be GREATLY appreciated!

Things we want to do:
Scuba
Snorkel
Surf
Hike
Lay on the beach
Shop for the girls

Oh another kind of weird question...does anyone know if there is deer hunting on Oahu? One of the guys going is a deer hunter and his wife is trying to convince him to agree to move to Hawaii with us when we go for the 6mo. to a yr.

no, there is no deer hunting here, as a displaced Texan i can sympathize. As for dive shops, there are a few that are members of scubaboard and i am sure they will drop you a line.

There is deer hunting on every other Island I think, and there is probably wild pig hunting on Oahu (bow).

As for where to stay and when, it all depends. The weather will play a role in that and the surf. You dont want to go to the NS to early because of waves and Honolulu... Well Honolulu is always great untill right now. Honolulu is the expensive place as you know so I would stick out the shorter time in Honolulu and the longer time in NS. Sharks cove might be open up by then and you can hit that up for snorkel and Scuba. Everyone goes there when it is open. Just a thought though

There is deer hunting on every other Island I think, and there is probably wild pig hunting on Oahu (bow).

any idea how to find who does this? I can't find anywhere that offers tours or that you can even just go by yourself!?

As for where to stay and when, it all depends. The weather will play a role in that and the surf. You dont want to go to the NS to early because of waves and Honolulu... Well Honolulu is always great untill right now. Honolulu is the expensive place as you know so I would stick out the shorter time in Honolulu and the longer time in NS. Sharks cove might be open up by then and you can hit that up for snorkel and Scuba. Everyone goes there when it is open. Just a thought though

thanks for the heads up!! we will probably keep it the way we have it split up then. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom