6" or 9" HP hose for transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't decided how I want to do this yet. I know I want a shorty hose to keep someone from breaking it by accident grabbing the tank valve. If I go with a flex type hose, I am considering getting a 6" or 9" hose and tie it off to the necklace regulator hose to keep things neat and keep the transmitter from flopping around. If I decide not to tie the transmitter hose off, I may just get one of the regular rubber HP hoses. If so, I should probably get a 4.5" rubber hose instead of a 6" one because it would be stiffer and stick out slightly less.

I haven't decided how I want to do this yet. I know I want a shorty hose to keep someone from breaking it by accident grabbing the tank valve. If I go with a flex type hose, I am considering getting a 6" or 9" hose and tie it off to the necklace regulator hose to keep things neat and keep the transmitter from flopping around. If I decide not to tie the transmitter hose off, I may just get one of the regular rubber HP hoses. If so, I should probably get a 4.5" rubber hose instead of a 6" one because it would be stiffer and stick out slightly less.
what first stage are you using? With most of them you can adjust the hose routing so you don't need the hose....

what first stage are you using? With most of them you can adjust the hose routing so you don't need the hose....
It's a MK17 DIN EVO. In this case, the good thing about that regulator, is that the ports are so close together, it may be a pretty clean tie off to the regulator hose. If so, the only decision is where I want the transmitter to be along that hose.

It's a MK17 DIN EVO. In this case, the good thing about that regulator, is that the ports are so close together, it may be a pretty clean tie off to the regulator hose. If so, the only decision is where I want the transmitter to be along that hose.
ahh, unfortunately with those it's pretty hard to protect them with hose routing so you are unfortunately best off to leave it on a hose if you're doing single tank diving.

I ordered one of the 4.5" kevlar braided HP hoses from Piranha. We'll see how it does. Should be stiff from the short length but not stick out as much as a 6" one.

0 inch
I mount my Transmitter directly to the 1st stage with no hose. IMHO, the additional hose just adds more failure points unnecessarily.

I'm not sure, but I suspect most people add the short hose to make it obvious the Transmitter is NOT the tank valve. More than once I've had someone try to help me out by checking my valve and then loosen my Transmitter. Also every time my value was open and fine, but now my Transmitter is loose, thanks buddy. My point is I understand the concern and why people add a short hose.

What I did was add yellow heat shrink tubing to make my Transmitter NOT look like the valve. Since I added this, no one has ever grabbed the Transmitter by mistake.

Heat tubing cost me $15 for pre-cut package of 145 pieces in different diameters and colors on Amazon. I have Shearwater Transmitter and used the 35mm yellow tubing, I don't recommend using the black 🤣.

Attachments

• 20220101_112926.jpg
    20220101_112926.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 20220101_112855.jpg
    20220101_112855.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 87
  • 20220101_112908.jpg
    20220101_112908.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 86
@RobPNW how's that 4.5" HP hose working out?

0 inch
I mount my Transmitter directly to the 1st stage with no hose. IMHO, the additional hose just adds more failure points unnecessarily.

Heat tubing cost me $15 for pre-cut package of 145 pieces in different diameters and colors on Amazon. I have Shearwater Transmitter and used the 35mm yellow tubing, I don't recommend using the black 🤣.
Hi,
Do you have a link for the shrink tube?
Thanks.

I got a transmitter to get rid of a hose!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom