6/28 PV dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ifukuda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've encountered freakishly good viz on 6/28 (Sat) at H********s (in Palos Vereds) between 10AM~noon. The waves were 1.5 ft max, and the viz was in the 30~40ft range. If you dive PV, you know that viz this good is extremely rare.

What blows me away is the fact that viz was in the 5~8ft range at this spot the weekend before and the weekend after. It's suprizing how much you can see when the viz is so good... I was approached by a 4 ft black sea bass to within 2 or 3m, there were multiple good sized Sheephead (2ft+) in the kelp, lobsters were out in broad day light, and there was a HUGE stingray the size of a manta.

I was actually out that day in search of halibut, but there was so much to see that day that I 'd completely forgotten that I was carrying a speargun.

I am not sure of the spelling. Cool! What kind of a hike is that from land?

ifukuda once bubbled...
...there was so much to see that day that I 'd completely forgotten that I was carrying a speargun.

Good! Why don't you leave the speargun at home next time? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom