6/14 Maui pic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Pale Anemone Crab (Dardanus deformis) in a Marlinspike Auger shell

The luminous green eyes on short white stalks with a dark brown transverse band distinguishes this specimen.

This is the first one I have encountered here. It did not have any anemones on its shell.

1.jpg

Dang. Nice shot! You must have been pressing the glass against him to get that shot!

RichKirby:
Dang. Nice shot! You must have been pressing the glass against him to get that shot!

Thanks.

I was about a foot away and used the zoom in the macro mode then cropped the photo in PS.

Gilligan:
Thanks.

I was about a foot away and used the zoom in the macro mode then cropped the photo in PS.

Did you polish up your lenses or something? This looks sharper than normal.

Very nice!

Don Janni:
Did you polish up your lenses or something? This looks sharper than normal.

Just sharpened it in PS.

I must also admit that I started using my strobe diffuser again after stating in a previous post that it was more trouble than it was worth.

I still stick to my previous statement that it robbed me of too much of the light on the more distant shots but it improves the close-up stuff.

One of the other reasons I started using it again was to have the red lens over the focus light so as not to freak out the critters. It seems to do the job.

diffuser1.jpg

Tortuga Roja:
Nice shot!

Howz viz?

Surgy and not so great. I dove off Kam I looking for that sailboat wreck. Come to find out it's gone. Duhhhh.

Not much out ther but sand cept this crab which I haven't seen anyplace else. So the dive was not a total loss.

Love the crab! Especially those big green bobble eyes. Nice shot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom