5mm wetsuit suggestions for lean build

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think DA forgot one other sure-fire wetsuit filling technique...drink a lot of beer, and watch a lot of sports on TV.
Aahhh yes, the reason God invented women and remote controls - so men never have to get out of the recliner for beer or channel changes... :)

Thanks Doc, I think I'll give the Pinnacle M-E a try. And if that doesn't work, there's always beer and the couch. :wink:

-Sean

Thanks Doc, I think I'll give the Pinnacle M-E a try. And if that doesn't work, there's always beer and the couch. :wink:

-Sean

I've been diving a Bare 3/2 Velocity for a couple of years now. I'm 5'11", 175 +/-, 34/32 pants. I tried the Large Tall, and it had too much fabric, so I went to a Large and it fits nice. I just bought a Bare 5/4 Velocity, and will dive it for the first time this coming week. The dry fit when I tried it on was extraordinarily comfortable and supportive. I'll let you know what it's like underwater.

I am almost exactly the same size and have recently bought the "Poseidon" by Fourth Element. I was advised to go one size larger than their size chart indicated. I have a ML and it fits very nicely. I have two Pinnacles and their newer versions don't seem to be the same quality as the originals. The Poseidon has a very unique and functional neck seal which is surprisingly easy to put on. Ankles are a bit difficult but I am still working with a new suit. Fourth Element is a British company and I found availability of the suits and good information from Ocean Enterprises in San Diego. They will also allow you to try the suit on and return (unused of course). A man named "Andrew" was very helpful.

Sean,

Two weeks is not a lot of time, but a good pot belly will help fill that space in the small of your back by pulling the suit material around front and snugging things up.

Given the time constraints, you'll need to:

1) find all you can eat buffets, preferably with carb heavy selections and pastries,
2) block out entire afternoons in your schedule to allow time to eat and digest in a continuous pour process while taking advantage of the all you can eat pricing,
3) finish your days with a half gallon of ice cream before bed (the perfect fat builder!), and
4) avoid all exercise!

You'll be filling out that wet suit in no time!

My way is more fun!

1. Drink good beer.
2. Drink more beer.
3. Watch football, eat chicken wings, pizza and wash it all down with vitamin water. Jk, beer.
4. Repeat steps 1-4.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy III using Tapatalk 2.

Fourth element is a good suit. you may also want to check out a camaro suit. you can sometimes find them on closeout at sierra trading post.

You will not find a suit that will fit you. Cloths and wet suits and even shoe sizes have gotten more generous. Hell, Wrangler jeans, the official cowboy cut jean now has fataxx jeans with a "U" shape for plus sized cowboys who better stick to Chevys as they might squash their ponies. Bare and Body Glove used to fit athletic builds having been born of California surfer guys. Now, they are narrow in chest, big in belly and butt and fit me like I am wearing a barrel. You might still find a Bare to fit and some of the Scuba Pro suits are not fully fat sized yet.

Just one of my pet peeves.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom