584 dives on my Cobalt and ....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Islandheart

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Just can't say enough good stuff about this computer. 584 dives over the past year and only one tiny issue.

The little rubber flappy cap strap finally broke.

Where can I get a replacement and do I just unscrew the back compartment and swap it out, do I need to be careful about causing problems doing this ?

Thanks for a great product...

Hello Islandheart! Please contact us at 888-270-8595 and ask to speak with Adan. He should be able to help get you a new one!

Ryan
Atomic

My rubber cap is on its way out as well, can you give us a way of ording a replacment without having to make a international phone call?

I hate escuba, worst customer service, I bought my cobalt from them and will never buy from them again.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I tried calling eScuba first to discuss the product as I had never heard about the atomic brand before, and all the got was a answering service. I tried calling a couple more times during the following days and got the same and no one had returned my messages.

So I decided to take the plunge and purchased my cobalt from eScuba's online store and it arrived the following day and I was very excited to get it.

I proceeded to perform a firmware update to bring it up to date and ended up bricking the unit.

I tried calling eScuba again and once again got the answering service, I left a message and surprise surprise I never got a response. I emailed them and finally got someone to respond to me, although after repeated attempts they refused to give me a call and this email conversation went on for more than 24 hours without much help and that they couldn't swap my unit and that I would have to either send it to them to send back to atomic or I could send it my self and be with out my new toy which I just spent over $1500 on at the time.

Either way I told them what I thought of their customer service or lack of it and proceeded to call atomic direct who were very helpful and friendly. I sent my unit back and within 2 weeks I had it back and working.

Needless to say I will never be purchasing anything from eScuba in the future and what is with companies who think that because you purchased something from them, that they can sign you up to their marketing email list and not give any methods for un-subscribing.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hello JoBro

I am so sorry about your issues with eScuba and I am going to pass this post on to our Upper Management to take a look at. I am glad we were able to fix your Cobalt issue quickly, do not ever hesitate in contacting us directly if you have any questions or issues. Thanks JoBro!

Ryan
Atomic

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom