5060 battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sophia4

Reaction score
Sorry, I think this might be a stupid question, but here goes...

I just got my 5060, with telephoto, wide angle, 256 card, and some other do-dads, filters, etc..

I read in another thread(s) that y'll recommend a second battery and that www.batteryspace.com is a good place. Which one do I get? Doesn't the 5060 use a special battery?

That website does seem neat. I have been in the market for a general charger, anyway.

Ok, while I am asking stupid questions.

My housing is on backorder, and I want to know, can/should I use those lenses underwater? I have the PT-020 coming. The Ikelite was just too expensive.

Also, thanks for all the advice. I have been following along - silently - with the other newbies.

Spare battery is highly recommended. You need the BLM-01 Lithium Ion battery pack. Olympus make one. There are also third party ones, but I don't know how good they are. Quick search and here's a few: Helios and Vidpro
Sophia4:
My housing is on backorder, and I want to know, can/should I use those lenses underwater?
Which lenses are you talking about - please specify....

Hi Sophia

I bought a Power 2000 from B&H and can't tell the difference between that and the Olympus original . Also almost half the price .I also beleive there are even cheaper options , but I'm quite happy .

Safe Diving

Andrew

I'm not sure what information is important in Lenses, so I will add extra info.

2X Professional High Speed Auto Focus Deluxe Super Telephoto Lens
52mm Threaded Lens
Uses 58mm Filters
Made by Digital Optics

0.45X Professional High Speed Auto Focus Deluxe Super Wide Angle Lens with Macro.
52mm Threaded Lens
Uses 67mm Filters.
Made by Digital Optics

I am also getting the Tube Apaptors that are on the Olympus website.

Underwater the telephoto convertor won't be of much use. I'm not sure if you can use the wide convertor. The recommended wide convertor is the Olympus WCON-0.7C with the CLA-7 tube. This can be used underwater by adding the Athena OPTi Dome. See here: http://www.uwdigitalcamera.com/English/eC5060.htm

I love Battery Space. I only have experience with their AA's, but they rock.

Ok, I read about the Athena Opti Dome. So, I would also need to use an external strobe if I used the wide convertor? Correct? The Jap-English confused me, but I think that's what it was saying.

I had great fun with my camera last night. Now I got to find that thread with the recommended settings.

Yes, what Yuzo is trying to say there is that when you attach the wide convertor and dome it will partially block the camera's flash and throw a shadow on the subject. Hence an external strobe is recommended.

Back
Top Bottom