5050z ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The user's manual only discusses what happens to time/date settings, not mymode. According to the manual, the time/date settings will be cancelled after one hour if the camera is left without batteries. I'm going to do a little experimenting with my spare c5050 to see what will happen to mymodes...more tomorrow.

I found this web site (batteryx.com) that talks about re-chargeable Lithium batteries called RCR-V3 batteries. The claim is that they far outlast the NiMH batteries. I thought that someone might have some real experience with them. If not, I am willing to give it a go. Anyone out there using these puppies?

http://www.batteryx.com/product/Document/012-PV001/012-PV001.asp?ProductID=1069

Dive Smart: Dive Safe
:cool1:

I use 2000 mAh NiMH's in my c5050 and get over three hours of shooting underwater before the low batt symbol comes on. That's enough for three dives with the camera before you have to open the housing and replace the batts. I have a smart Maha charger and it fully recharges the NiMH's in a couple of hours.

MaresMan1:
I found this web site (batteryx.com) that talks about re-chargeable Lithium batteries called RCR-V3 batteries. The claim is that they far outlast the NiMH batteries. I thought that someone might have some real experience with them. If not, I am willing to give it a go. Anyone out there using these puppies?
Ah, interesting find. Sounds good but the claim to outlast will have to be verified. 2 questions I would ask: How long does it take to charge and is there a charger that can do 2 RCR-V3 at once.
Still, give them a try - we like pioneers...

domino22:
.......But want better photos next week in Coz. Have tried to do a little research to get better photos this trip than my blow out in Bonaire.

I would be interested in the results of your "my mode" settings. I have been working on some "on paper" and have been doing some testing in my living room for an upcoming trip. I would be interested in your actual results. I have programmed several setting that vary F-stop, internal flash intensity and several other settings. I have one set up for super macro. They seem to work ok on the kitchen table but exactly what the results UW will be is to be seen. At least for the time being, I am working on settings that use only the internal flash.

MaresMan1:
IAnyone out there using these puppies?

Dive Smart: Dive Safe
:cool1:

Got my first set of Sanyo Industrial 1800's (the green un-labeled ones) about 5 years ago. And since, I've never looked back.

Been buying batts from my man Rip (www.ripvan100.com) for about 5 or 6 years now. His chargers have a teeny footprint, require no wall adapter, are travel friendly and are very fast - PLUS they're rated among the coolest chargers on the planet.

I carry 4 sets of these things at all times, plus two chargers (I'm always shooting with external flash / strobe.) If you need AA's that kick it all over the 1700's or 1800's you're finding around, I highly recommend you visit Rip.
The guy is the real deal.

K

The result of the experiment is in.

THE MYMODES SETTINGS DO NOT GET RESET WHEN THE BATTERIES ARE LEFT OUT OF THE C5050 FOR AT LEAST 12 HOURS.

The clock and calendar settings are lost and need to be reentered. If you were using M,A, or S the last use settings are not retained.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the test, jlyle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom