500 Lumen Light only $79.99

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike, do you have some comparison shots of the pre and post mods you had done? I'm curious now.

?? Haven't done any mods to the beam.....Where did you hear that?

I'm not referring to the beam. Debra shot me an email about changing the head length and doing something with the lanyard loop making the light about .5" longer. I was just curious about the new shape. Here is her email.
We had some modifications done on the light. We had the light head extended so it is easier to grip. We also had the lanyard attachment smoothed out. During this modification process it made the light a 1/2 an inch longer for the batch of lights we received. If you would like the light with these modifications, but at the same length as before it will be about 1-2 weeks before we receive the next batch of lights in. Please let me know what your would like to do when you get a chance.

Thanks,
Debbie

Oh wait I see, these are a little off and the next batch will be the same OAL.

Ahhhhh...ha ha....she is faster than I :)

Yes, we got in a new batch with some new mods. The only problem is they came in a little longer than spec. Instead of sending them back, we are offering them at a discount :wink: Same light, just longer. The only things that are different besides the length:

- The knurling is extended down further on the head for better grip
- The back lanyard attachement is more rounded so it isn't as sharp

I attached a pic for you :wink:
new500lightvs.old.jpg
The newer, longer light is in the back. The light heads are even in real life, but the pic gives an angle. New is about .5"s longer, and is only here until we get rid of the 50 we have.

How much are the longer ones going for Mike? Might be interested in picking one up. :)

Gee I don't know. I guess I could do you a favor and help you out. LOL. I would never have been the wiser. Thanks for being a stand up company.

Sent from my DROID X2

Great light, I have used it on six dives and it is very nice. Great beam with just enough flood. Worth every penny.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom