50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So apropos that they "BURY" this section at the bottom of the list. I've been wandering the halls and didn't even know that this particular support group was meeting here !

PePaw...also known as Mike
Live in Middle Tennessee. Married to my dive buddy.
51 just this week.
I'll be back in the local quarry this week. But we prefer warm tropical locations.

Favorite dives so far are Santa Rosa Wall in Cozumel and a Manta cleaning station off of Maui. But Aruba is my favorite diving destination.

My oldest daughter who is a PADI instructor is moving to the Brac so i'm sure we'll get lots of diving there in the near future.

Life is good at this age.
Except that for some reason....I JUST CAN'T PEE !

So apropos that they "BURY" this section at the bottom of the list. I've been wandering the halls and didn't even know that this particular support group was meeting here !

PePaw...also known as Mike
Live in Middle Tennessee. Married to my dive buddy.
51 just this week.
I'll be back in the local quarry this week. But we prefer warm tropical locations.

Favorite dives so far are Santa Rosa Wall in Cozumel and a Manta cleaning station off of Maui. But Aruba is my favorite diving destination.

My oldest daughter who is a PADI instructor is moving to the Brac so i'm sure we'll get lots of diving there in the near future.

Life is good at this age.
Except that for some reason....I JUST CAN'T PEE !

More beer, or a visit to the RotoRooter guy will fix that:14:

Old Texas guy...just moved here from Dallas Tx....Trying to find good shore dives near Tarpon Springs/Tampa area...My Certification is advanced....Jeff

54 and a newbie. Upstate NY, PADI open water, working on advanced OW, Clive with DiveAruba was great, certified us, pools, Gloucester Mass, Key Largo, Aruba, Cancun, Cozumel. About 25 dives.

I'm an one legged Old Duffer turning 65 In 2 weeks. Enjoy diving with my girls! Dive Catalina, SanDiego, Coronado Islands, So. Cal Coast, Lake mead, Lake Mojavy, Colorado river Drift Dives. Done Hawaii 3 Islands, Florida keys, Doing Bonair on my Birthday in May. Night dives and wreck. Had a hip and Knee replacement last year so it kinda has slowed me down (a little) _You are never to old (in your mind anyway) to do these things. I have always been active even after loosing leg! Waterskiing, Motorcycle racing, Snow skiing, Scuba diving... Started scuba diving around 1960 (old School) No certs. no buoyancy vests, J valves , Double hose regs etc...
Always have fun diving and Be Safe!! Think Young!!

I actually dived off the coast of South Viet Nam in 1970. At that point I was about 75% through my OW course, but I was more concerned with flying my UH1-H.

Wasn't much of a dive by today's standards, but it is a matter of comparisons.

It's not what we have done, it's what we want and will do.

As the Yellow Angle Fish always says, " It's never too late to have a happy childhood."

the K

I actually dived off the coast of South Viet Nam in 1970. At that point I was about 75% through my OW course, but I was more concerned with flying my UH1-H.

Wasn't much of a dive by today's standards, but it is a matter of comparisons.

It's not what we have done, it's what we want and will do.

As the Yellow Angle Fish always says, " It's never too late to have a happy childhood."

the K

I am assuming it was out the Camron Bay (only place that I knew had tanks and compressors). We used to rent gear and take it back to Nha Trang... was some amazing diving.. the area got destroyed by polution after the war, but in 69, it was the equal to any place in the pacific..

Any older retired divers from around Tarpon Spring/Tampa Florida area? Would like to dive daily....

56 yrs. diving since 92
san angelo, Tx.
lake Amistad, annual trips to Bonaire, Coz. etc.
rescue diver
next trip Bonaire Aug 23 - 30

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom