5 Free Vyper Boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cool_hardware52:
Stay tuned! Lots of new stuff in the works.

Tobin

WHAT!! :11: no sneak previews?? :D

cool_hardware52:
Thanks rainman_02. That's a big help.

Tobin

Glad to help.

By the way, I jumped in the pool today for the first time with the DSS single rig (Hog. harness). Compared to all the jacket style BCs I've worn so far, it is by far the most comfortable BC I have worn. It's like I wasn't wearing anything, I was just hovering above the bottom of the pool (once I ditched all my weight...with the large plate and half full AL50 I was able to control my buoyancy with breathing). I can't wait to dive Tahoe this weekend with it.

rainman_02:
Glad to help.

By the way, I jumped in the pool today for the first time with the DSS single rig (Hog. harness). Compared to all the jacket style BCs I've worn so far, it is by far the most comfortable BC I have worn. It's like I wasn't wearing anything, I was just hovering above the bottom of the pool (once I ditched all my weight...with the large plate and half full AL50 I was able to control my buoyancy with breathing). I can't wait to dive Tahoe this weekend with it.

Very cool. Thanks for letting me know.

Tobin

the bp/w makes a big diff. i was amased with how esay it was to move and to hover with almost no weight.
try doin that with a 7mm. lol

StSomewhere:
PM sent. Obviously. :D
Thanks again Tobin! :D

I got my Vytec installed into the new DSS boot tonight. :D The process went more smoothly than I would've thought possible, considering I was going to be the "Y" in "DIY". :crafty:

The stock Vytec cover with the enormous button covers comes right off. Too easily, maybe? I popped it right off the top of the computer with with the wrist straps still attached. The wrist strap pins are stupid easy to release as long as you have the right tool for the job on your workbench (i.e. a paperclip :eyebrow:).

It took a little patience to slowly work the new DSS boot over the computer, mostly because of the brackets where the wrist strap pins normally attach. This is definitely a good thing, its what makes the boot fit like a glove over the computer. This thing is rock solid. When I first opened the package it seemed like it might be too flexible, in reality it is perfectly solid once installed and without a little flexibility you'd never get the thing over the computer. This thing isn't going anywhere! Anyone who has bungeed to the pins on the back of your Vytec/Vyper or still uses the wrist strap, this is at least an order of magnitude more secure.

I admit I got used to the huge, clunky Vytec button covers on the original cover. I'll have to get the thing wet with gloves on to decide how different pushing the actual buttons will feel. Hopefully this weekend!

Thanks again! This is a must upgrade for any Vytec/Vyper owner. The best $20 in scubadollars you'll spend all month. :D

I got ine in last night. wow it sure makes it nice to have it on my wrist.
can you give me some pic of the boot for the sk7 compass and how to install it i cant get the compass out of the suunto holder

StSomewhere:
Thanks again Tobin! :D

I got my Vytec installed into the new DSS boot tonight. :D The process went more smoothly than I would've thought possible, considering I was going to be the "Y" in "DIY". :crafty:

The stock Vytec cover with the enormous button covers comes right off. Too easily, maybe? I popped it right off the top of the computer with with the wrist straps still attached. The wrist strap pins are stupid easy to release as long as you have the right tool for the job on your workbench (i.e. a paperclip :eyebrow:).

It took a little patience to slowly work the new DSS boot over the computer, mostly because of the brackets where the wrist strap pins normally attach. This is definitely a good thing, its what makes the boot fit like a glove over the computer. This thing is rock solid. When I first opened the package it seemed like it might be too flexible, in reality it is perfectly solid once installed and without a little flexibility you'd never get the thing over the computer. This thing isn't going anywhere! Anyone who has bungeed to the pins on the back of your Vytec/Vyper or still uses the wrist strap, this is at least an order of magnitude more secure.

I admit I got used to the huge, clunky Vytec button covers on the original cover. I'll have to get the thing wet with gloves on to decide how different pushing the actual buttons will feel. Hopefully this weekend!

Thanks again! This is a must upgrade for any Vytec/Vyper owner. The best $20 in scubadollars you'll spend all month. :D

Stsomewhere,

Thanks for the kind words, glad to hear you got aprt and back together. It does sound like the original "cover" for your computer is a little different from the ones I had. Mine did not have the button covers, and the 'puter came out the top.

I'm interested in how the exposed buttons work for you vs the stock button covers.

Thanks again

Tobin

Captain CaveMan:
I got ine in last night. wow it sure makes it nice to have it on my wrist.
can you give me some pic of the boot for the sk7 compass and how to install it i cant get the compass out of the suunto holder

Here's a pic of the SK7 boot, scroll down a little http://www.deepseasupply.com/page19.html

The stock Suunto wrist boots can be tough. Soaking in hot tap water helps. What holds the unit together is the Bezel / retainer. It has to be carefully pryed out. Good luck!

Tobin

The SK7 can be disassembled carefully using the same way of opening "child-proof" medicine bottles.

Picture shortly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom