5 days in Cebu - tips and suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Theodoreed1214

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,

Planning my next solo getaway trip to Cebu in late Feb [5 nights], heard great things about the sardines run so I may travel south to Moalboal for some diving, but have nothing solid planned except my round-trip ticket from Hong Kong to Cebu.

I am a PADI AOW with 20 dives logged, been diving in Vietnam (Nha Trang) and Thailand (Similan liveaboard). Key objectives of the upcoming trip are: chill, make some friends, take some specialty courses or simply fun dives. Saw online there is a 2-days trip to Sumilon and Apo island, not sure if anyone has tried and would recommend. I do not own any gears so I would need to rely on rental.

Look forward to recommendations for dive shops or dive buddy if you are interested in joining me in Moalboal the last week of Feb.

Happy Diving!

In Moalboal I would have no hesitation to recommend Nelson's Place(Ocean Safari Philippines) but I have no knowledge on the quality of his rental gear.
Diving at Sumilon is very ordinary but Apo Island is very good.
With only 5 days to spend and pretty limited experience, just stay at Moalboal. You can also consider a side trip to Oslob for the whaleshark.

In Moalboal I would have no hesitation to recommend Nelson's Place(Ocean Safari Philippines) but I have no knowledge on the quality of his rental gear.
Diving at Sumilon is very ordinary but Apo Island is very good.
With only 5 days to spend and pretty limited experience, just stay at Moalboal. You can also consider a side trip to Oslob for the whaleshark.

Thanks Centrals for your suggestion.

Will definitely check out Nelson's place website.
Since I am traveling solo on budget, I am booking a hostel named Moho, hopefully it is convenient for all the dive shops and local day trip organizers.

If you are a relatively new diver , travelling solo and on a budget definitely just stick to Maolboal. You will meet way more people in a hostel than in a five star resort. The diving in Maolboal is great , beautiful reefs , clear water and lots off turtles. Try to do a night dive too , it's beautiful.

Best fishes

It's a great time to visit Moalboal, in the last few days we have had Thresher shark sightings, hunting the sardines. Right now, calm waters with great viz. Give me a PM if you need any help booking something.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom