5-7 days - Woman traveling alone - Where to go???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This Lumba Lumba is at Manado in Sulawesi. Going to Banda Aceh is not the right direction. Flying in to Singapore, or Jakarta or Denpasar, are the best routes to Manado at the moment. Manado is the airport for Lembeh and works pretty well for flying on to Ternate for Halmahera.

I am beginning to understand some strange comments here over the years that didn't match up. There are two Lumba Lumbas. By the way, lumba lumba means dolphin in Indonesian - so it is quite understandable why the name has been used.

My bad, just wanted to help...

I knew the meaning of Lumba Lumba in Indonesian, but I didn't know there was another dive center in Manado named like the OP in Pulau Weh.

My bad, just wanted to help...

I knew the meaning of Lumba Lumba in Indonesia, but I didn't know there was another dive center in Manado named like the OP in Pulau Weh.

No worries

Hi everyone, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by choices and need advice please.

I'm flying to Singapore for work. Last year went over to Bali and dove with Gekko and had a great time. Fell in love with the area and especially loved the Bloo Lagoon Eco Lodge. Would be very happy to return, but wondering if I should try something else out.

I'm a good diver (not great or expert), mostly Caribbean plus what I did out of Padangbai last year (experienced one very strong current, that was a bit scary, but a good learning experience.) I just love being underwater in general. Pretty fish, coral, big fish...wrecks don't interest me too much, but perhaps I haven't experienced a good one yet...Liberty Wreck was soooooo crowded.)

It's easy and affordable to fly all over from Singapore....so lots of possibilities (Philippines, Thailand, Maldives, etc.) I'm not familar with any of those places, though.

I'm not opposed to a Liveaboard, haven't done one before. But I don't want to share a room.

Having time to rest during SIs is important...as I work alot and this trip is right before 4 weeks of crazy business travel. 2-4 dives a day is plenty. Spa onsite is a HUGE plus!

Budget...mid-range.

I travel a lot on my own and am pretty savvy and comfortable, even in remote areas.

I'd like a top notch dive op, where I can have a personal guide if conditions are challenging...and I love making new friends on the boat, as well.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!!!
If you have an inkling for India, I dove in Pondicherry with Temple Adventures. They had a host of European divemasters there on projects, had groups of both Indian and foreign tourists, and were very attentive of anything I needed. Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

If you have an inkling for India, I dove in Pondicherry with Temple Adventures. They had a host of European divemasters there on projects, had groups of both Indian and foreign tourists, and were very attentive of anything I needed. Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

Dipshit Diving, hmm, interesting company name.

Dipshit Diving, hmm, interesting company name.
No ownership claim of mine. I was talking with someone on Reddit on a scuba post about sharks and we saw a terrible company that didn't care about safety or the right equipment, so we nicknamed them Dipshit Diving. I had to make a shirt of it.

No ownership claim of mine. I was talking with someone on Reddit on a scuba post about sharks and we saw a terrible company that didn't care about safety or the right equipment, so we nicknamed them Dipshit Diving. I had to make a shirt of it.

Thanks for explaining :p

Back
Top Bottom