4PM site voodoo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mfalco

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've noticed that almost every day a little after 4 PM (eastern time), I have a hard time getting to scubaboard.com. Sometimes it is for a minute or 2, sometimes longer.

I\Do other people experience this?

We may be past the Voodoo! Cross your fingers! Today's outage was us making some adjustments to the platform we run on. :D

NetDoc:
We may be past the Voodoo! Cross your fingers! Today's outage was us making some adjustments to the platform we run on. :D

Inoticed the 4pm thing a while before "the upgrade"

My guess would be it's network traffic on your end. If it happens weekdays, it's probably everybody on the east coast checking their e-mail/stock activity/ebay auctions one last time b4 heading home for dinner.

sjspeck:
My guess would be it's network traffic on your end. If it happens weekdays, it's probably everybody on the east coast checking their e-mail/stock activity/ebay auctions one last time b4 heading home for dinner.
I'd think it'd be SB traffic - office people on the east coast killing the last hour bfore leaving work, some pressure from 3pm ppl in Central, plus 1pm west coasters back from lunch.

It happened before the upgrade for the same reason it's happened after - they ain't thru upgrading yet. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom