48 Years

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations - must be a trend ! - this time around I did CMAS 1 star (OW equivalent) at 48 1/2, (that half matters you know :D) 2 star eight weeks later and then CMAS three star (Divemaster equivalent) 12 months and 150 dives after that - 3 months before I was 50.

Safe diving and enjoy ! P

Oh.. Man! You missed all those years where it was easy to hump the gear up the pitching boat ladders... Better late than never, welcome.

CONGRATULATIONS!!
( I thought a big congratulations was in order !!!:D )
I was just a baby when I got certified last August at the tender age of 43! Welcome to our addiction! it only gets better and better as your skills improve. MY only regret is not doing it sooner!

My Dad got his cert in 1965 when I was 6. Back then it was an intensive 8 week course. After he got his cert he would take my brother and I skin diving of Santa Rosa Island. Ever since I wanted to get my cert but life got in the way. I plan on working my way up to PADI diving instructor and DAN certifed rescue driver/DMT. I enjoy teaching and helping others. It will just take time,dedication and determination.

Congrats!

...and I thought I was late to the game LOL.

Congrats! I waited a long time, because I became interested when I was 21 and didn't get certified for another 10 years but there are quite a few people on SB that have been in their 50s and have even gotten cave or technical certifications. You have plenty of diving left to enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom