$450.00 for shipping 3 kegs of Sodasorb to Ecuador!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crpntr133:
I think they forgot to lube you up first. One way to find out for sure about the USPS issue is to go to USPS.com. The web site will allow you to figure what it will cost.

Did that in advance, and assumed the MUCH cheaper surface shipping rate.

Sorry to hear your troubles Kent. I thought your post looked familiar. Since our MK15 training in Hawaii, I've purchased a KISS classic. It is so much less hassle than the MK15. The parts are AVAILIBLE, affordable, the whole thing is light weight. The best part is I don't have to explain what in the hell those 'Cherry Bombs' are to airport officials. Don't get me wrong, my MK15 is an amazing machine. I will continue to dive it. But I will dive my KISS classic A LOT MORE! and when I travel, I will Keep It Super Simple.

See you in July,
Jason

Folks,

Just a suggestion. If you are headed to the Galapagos with your breather, you might check in with Cliff Simoneau of Silent Diving Systems. He has sorb available, and personally organized a major shipment of same, and much other gear, to that location for a large all-Inspiration expedition several years ago.

Cheers!

Rob Davie

I am praying that they will run out of business soon. They know exactly what they did. If I were you, I would contact the credit card company to claim the charge. There were no agreement that you would pay that shipping charge on your purchase, so there is a standing point you can argue. There is the internet shopping fraud proection on the major credit card.

Please check out your credit card company's policy. Please never give up. They need some lesson. Otherwise, they will do the same thing to other innocent divers.

Diversuuply.... I won't forget.

Hey Jason! Been so busy here in Baghdad with my 60+ hour weeks that I haven't looked at Scubaboard for weeks.

I will agree that the KISS is the way to go, especially for my girlfriend since she says she wants to stay down with me (she's awesome if she really feels that way!). But I am too into electronics and paid WAY to much for this black refrigerator to trade it in for a KISS, yet.

Yeah, wondering what's going to happen on my trip to the Galapagos with those Inconel spheres. I think that was a problem just related to American TransAir (former Value Jet) who crashed in the 90's in the Everglades after oxygen containers exploded in their cargo hold. I will check with Continental ahead of time JUST TO BE SURE.

And thanks, BigJetDriver, I have emailed Cliff. Am wondering what his experiences were. Learning from other peoples BAD experiences is always better than learning from your own, in my opinion.

dive36:
Sorry to hear your troubles Kent. I thought your post looked familiar. Since our MK15 training in Hawaii, I've purchased a KISS classic. It is so much less hassle than the MK15. The parts are AVAILIBLE, affordable, the whole thing is light weight. The best part is I don't have to explain what in the hell those 'Cherry Bombs' are to airport officials. Don't get me wrong, my MK15 is an amazing machine. I will continue to dive it. But I will dive my KISS classic A LOT MORE! and when I travel, I will Keep It Super Simple.

See you in July,
Jason

Back
Top Bottom