45 cu.ft. tank mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

agilis

Cat Lives Matter
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am planning to buy a 45 cu ft steel tank to use in very shallow water, like under a boat, around dock pilings, etc. I would like to mount this tank on a plain backpack, the kind we used long ago. I've got a few of them, and use one now with a 50 cf aluminum tank. The steel 45 is much thinner, and the aluminum band on the backpack is too large. I know these steel 45s are used mainly as stage tanks, but I want to use mine in a conventional set up, ultra light and simple: just a regulator, spg, and back pack, for special applications. The aluminum 50 is standard circumference, but the steel 45 is not.

My question is, what device or product can I get to attach the small tank securely to a standard backpack? Is there a nylon band manufactured that I can use?

You can use a standard Cam strap and then burn off the excess or you can use two worm drive clamps to "permanently" mount it to the pack. The 45s are 5.5" diameter.

Cheers

thanks!

Where do you get a steel 45? Thanks. N

Back
Top Bottom