411 Scammers on scubaboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got one that said that "so and so" died in a plane crash and I was due all this money.

Oddly enough, the name they picked was my Cousin Larry (even had the right last name). At the time was quite alive.

I wrote back and said "I just called Larry, and he is alive and well. He wants your name and address and telephone number, and wants to know exactly what you're doing going through his bank records"

For some reason, they never wrote back and Larry never got his millions.

Terry

Agree that it's annoying, evidently, I have generous relatives dying all over the world who may have left me sizable amounts of money. I get it both via emails and via snail mail.

Doh! You should have kept that one to yourself. I mean did you read what you're being offered ??? Ten percent of $22 million !!!!!!! That's like, er, well, about $220 or something, isn't it ? Like hello atomic frameless.........

411 scammers? Like when they charge $1.50 to ask for a phone number? :hmmm: Maybe you meant 419...? :D

You might also want to forward a copy to abuse@yahoo-inc.com to have the e-mail address killed off, too (if you haven't already.)
Will that work with a copied and pasted SB message? An email forwarded will include "Details" for authentication.

You can also send my form letter in return...

Greetings in God and Peace be with you my friend,

I am deeply sorry, but I am afraid I am unable to help you at this time. You see, as fate would have it, it seems that I have had a rash of relatives die while in the employ of Mobil Oil, based in Nigeria. Now, normally this would be a sad event to occur, but as fate would also have it, every single one of them seems to have had an enormous sum of money, and since I was the only relative that anyone seems to have been able to contact, it fell upon me to take these funds into my bank account, totaling approximately $350,000,000 (Three hundred fifty million USD), and therefore I am naturally quite overwhelmed distributing the money as I see fit per the instructions of each respective barrister, which I have learned is what we call a lawyer in my country.

However, if you would like to give me your name, address, phone number and the name of your banking institution, along with the account number, I'll see that your needs are brought to my attention again at a soon to be determined future date.

Sincerely,
:crafty:
Nigerian419.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom