40th Anniversary of Earth Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt. Pete

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Join Inland Water Divers as we celebrate the 40th anniversary of Earth Day during 2010. During the year we will hosting or participating in events to give back to the areas the we enjoying diving at.

The first event of the year will be helping out at the annual Avalon Harbor Cleanup, February 20th . This is the only time of the year that the harbor is open to diving and there will be tons of divers participating in this event. If you are interested in joining the fun, make sure you reserve your rooms early!

The second event of the year is scheduled to be over the weekend of April 17th & 18th. The details are still being ironed out but it will include an underwater lake cleanup.

Join us for the fun and adventure while doing something good for the Earth!

Stay tuned for more details as they become available.

I taught at the first Earth Day (gulp). Maybe it is time we refer to it as Water Planet Day.

Seriously, glad to see you all will be coming out to Catalina for the Avalon Harbor Clean-Up. It's a great event both for the environmental value and for socializing with other divers.

drbill,

I just returned from Catalina yesterday and I was amazed on the amount of divers out at the park. Conditions were excellent for us in the park Sunday and the three tank dive we did on Saturday further east on the island! Great vis and clear skies, it does not get any better. I can't wait until February to return for the harbor clean-up. I have to give Seaport Village Inn and Catalina Divers Supply two thumbs up, this was our fourth trip of the year and they went out of their way to make our visit outstanding!

drbill,

I just returned from Catalina yesterday and I was amazed on the amount of divers out at the park. Conditions were excellent for us in the park Sunday and the three tank dive we did on Saturday further east on the island! Great vis and clear skies, it does not get any better. I can't wait until February to return for the harbor clean-up. I have to give Seaport Village Inn and Catalina Divers Supply two thumbs up, this was our fourth trip of the year and they went out of their way to make our visit outstanding!

:Gulp: What were the water temps . . ?

JAX,

Surface water temps were 62 with no pronounced thermocline at depth. Most divers were in 7mm suits and were fine with the temps. Sunny skies helped out a lot between dives.

Back
Top Bottom