400g Thinsulate Jacket/Top?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mahjong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone know of a company that makes a 400g Thinsulate jacket or top? Most jumpsuits are too bulky below the waist for me and I only need the Thinsulate on top.

Santi only has jumpsuits and vests, I believe. And their vests are more like ponchos, not only no sleeves but also no sides. I'm looking for a full jacket, with sleeves.

Haven't seen anything that thick. I'd a vest/jacket would be sufficient, keeping the core warm is usually the key.

Santi make a 400/200gr jumpsuit. You can decide where you want the 200gr thinsulate and where you want 400gr, so in your case you could have 200gr legs and 400gr torso and arms.

HTH
John

Ha! I have a 400g Thinsulate DUI jacket, with separate pants. It was NOS military stuff that came with my EOD CF200 from Ebay. Size medium, so I don't have to worry about you trying to get it from me :wink: I just wanted to rub it in :devil:

Ouch, Peter! Everything has a price, no? Can I interest you in a backplate? How about a wing, a 36# Pioneer, perhahps? How about a brand new Agir-Brokk SS STA--it's a real beauty? And/or a brand new Scubapro H-valve--the finish on this fine Italian made valve is beautiful?

Ha! I have a 400g Thinsulate DUI jacket, with separate pants. It was NOS military stuff that came with my EOD CF200 from Ebay. Size medium, so I don't have to worry about you trying to get it from me :wink: I just wanted to rub it in :devil:

Oh oh, I thought you wanted a small size? No I really don't have one if medium fits...

The junk I have is actually olive drab, and has seen hundreds of dives. Works well enough, but now I use a 400g jumpsuit. So they are my backups and once in a while get used when doing multiple day dive trips. Nice to have dry undies.

Ouch, Peter! Everything has a price, no? Can I interest you in a backplate?
Just gave one away and kept two for myself.

How about a wing, a 36# Pioneer, perhahps?
I have an H wing for doubles and use a Mach V 40# for singles. Nice wing though, and it would probably float my kit.

How about a brand new Agir-Brokk SS STA--it's a real beauty?
STA's are easy enough to make for the cost of scrap stainless, and I have made a couple now. Using 1/4" thick material they weigh more too. Just gave away a lead weight I made the other day to fit a rail.

And/or a brand new Scubapro H-valve--the finish on this fine Italian made valve is beautiful?
Nice! Although I try to keep all my stuff Thermo so I only have to buy one type of rebuild kit. I like my H valves on my HP130's. Try it you to might like it. Lets me switch from singles to doubles without changing regs around, as I only own one set of regs.

As for the 400g jacket: :crying2: I can fill out a medium in my shoulders. In a jumpsuit, though, the torso length on a medium regular would typically have the crotch half way down my thighs.

On the bright side :happy:: That's a great application for the H valve. I do have two twin MP72 rigs that I love to dive. However, I sometimes do dive doubles on the first dive and switch to a (generously filled) LP95 for my second dive. The H valve would allow me to leave an entire reg set at home--one less thing to carry. But then I'd have to worry about not having a backup :depressed:.

Why doesn't anyone make a 400g Thinsulate jacket? Or even a very good 200g one?

Back
Top Bottom