40% Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not referring to you. Just wondering why he never returned

Possible troll

I'll throw in my 2 bar worth.

I use EAN40 as my second gas in the region where I dive as it gives me a longer bottom time.

My first dive is usually 30m dive on EAN34 and the second dives are anything between 20-24m where using EAN40 gives me a longer second dive than using the same first gas. For my buddy and myself this means longer on the dive site with no disturbance from other divers who are generally on air.

Hello

Do anyone have a link to share regarding how to fill your tank with 40% nitrox and the time span on filling it in between multiple dive. thanks ahead

Are we sure that maybe this person was just asking a filling question about 40% not so much a use for 40%??? IDK just trying to decode this.

Any who just to throw another possible answer to the question out there my blending app says to make a 40% from an empty tank. Add 47.6 bar O2 then top up with air to 200 bar.

For time spans on filling; standards are 4-5 bar/min for O2. Obviously most of us are filling faster than that I have never had an issue or heard of anyone having an issue. I have never filled a 40% (don't really have a use for it) but I can make a 50% in about 10 minutes.

Not a troll.

Perhaps a language barrier.

Maldives BoatClub has been a member for about 2 years and has only a few posts. My guess is that the member doesn't check in often.

Perhaps they were able to get the answer elsewhere and without all the comedy/sarcasm found in the first few posts in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom