40% nitrox compatible

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lead_carrier

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
We've recently gotten back on board with XS scuba and order a "few" tanks. One thing I was having trouble understanding and couldn't get a definitive answer from the sales department when we ordered. We paid extra for the 40% nitrox tanks, does that mean they are clean for partial pressure blending or only banked nitrox?

Hey Lead:
You ought to phone me, 866 977-2822, I'll be in the office all this week. You are a bit confused and can help you out.

XS Scuba (and Sea Pearls) have never in the past or future charged any additional cost for any level of oxygen cleanliness. We simply sell cylinders that have been cleaned and sealed at the factory (Luxfer or Worthington).

A definitive answer is easy. All cylinders sold by XS Scuba (and Sea Pearls) have a Warning Sticker on the side of the cylinder. This Warning Sticker is attached at the factory by the manufacture. It clearly states the level to which the cylinder was cleaned at the factory.

All Luxfer aluminum cylinders we sell are cleaned for use of up to 100% oxygen at the factory. A Warning sticker with a green boarder clearly states this.

All Worthington steel cylinders manufactured before 2007 are cleaned for use of up to 40% oxygen at the factory. A Warning sticker with a black boarder clearly states this. If you plan to put any gas with a concentration greater then 40% oxygen then the cylinder should be cleaned for 100% oxygen use.

All Worthington steel cylinders manufactured in 2007 are cleaned for use of up to 100% oxygen at the factory. A Warning sticker with a green colored boarder clearly states this.

Lead_carrier:
We've recently gotten back on board with XS scuba and order a "few" tanks. One thing I was having trouble understanding and couldn't get a definitive answer from the sales department when we ordered. We paid extra for the 40% nitrox tanks, does that mean they are clean for partial pressure blending or only banked nitrox?

Back
Top Bottom