$40/month Verizon discounts for Veterans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

More trouble shooting. They gave me 15% off Data Plan, $16.50 instead of $40 on 6 lines. It took me a a while to find the page that: www.verizonwireless.com/military/
(I disabled formatting to show the address.)

Calling the regular Verizon number to talk to an agent was no help. I gave a call the department I listed above at 800-890-8007, and the agent there confirmed that the $40 discount was appropriate. She is filing a request for that correction. I'm dealing with it.

More trouble shooting. They gave me 15% off Data Plan, $16.50 instead of $40 on 6 lines. It took me a a while to find the page that: www.verizonwireless.com/military/
(I disabled formatting to show the address.)

Calling the regular Verizon number to talk to an agent was no help. I gave a call the department I listed above at 800-890-8007, and the agent there confirmed that the $40 discount was appropriate. She is filing a request for that correction. I'm dealing with it.
Wow! Much bigger dog fight than I engaged. I filled out the info on the page and uploaded a jpeg of my DD214 and was done. Sorry it's not so smooth for you!

Wow! Much bigger dog fight than I engaged. I filled out the info on the page and uploaded a jpeg of my DD214 and was done. Sorry it's not so smooth for you!
Did you get the full $40 discount? Or do you have 4 lines on Unlimited data?

Thank you! I just submitted my info. Was already getting a small discount through work but this should be more. I might consider upgrading my 4yr old iPhone 6 when it goes through. Probably not :wink:

Ok, even tho several agents told me I should be getting the $40 discount instead of the 15% ($16.50) discount, I finally discussed this with one who seems to understand the problem. The $40 discount for 3 or more phones applies to any of the current Unlimited plans (Go Unlimited, Beyond Unlimited and Above Unlimited), but not to my older plan - the original Unlimited plan. I could update to the new $40 Unlimited Go Unlimited plan to get the $40 discount, but it does not allow for the lower monthly rate we are enjoying on a couple of lines that are currently out of contract, so if we change - we'd save $3+ more.

I am not attracted to that change as I like how our out of contract lines are billed less. Just different structuring. Oh well, I guess I should simply thank them for the $16.50 discount.

Yeah....my military discount is actually less than what I had been getting through my work discount. In the process of switching back now.

Yeah....my military discount is actually less than what I had been getting through my work discount. In the process of switching back now.
Are you on the older Unlimited plan? I guess it's great that they offer such a good discount for the newer plans, but it's relative.

Are you on the older Unlimited plan? I guess it's great that they offer such a good discount for the newer plans, but it's relative.
I’m not on the Unlimited plan. We only have two lines and the 8gb is more than enough. My work plan was 21%, better than the 15% with the military plan.

Back
Top Bottom