40 Fathom Grotto now $200.00 ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medical1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Tampabay FL / Lightning & Hurricane Capital of the
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm a certified 40 fathom grotto guide. Been trying to reach 40 fathom but they have been closed. Can anyone confirm the price went up to $200 per diver including instructors. :shocked2: Feel like I got ripped off becoming a certified grotto guide if that's the case :( I would never expect divers to pay that much for this site.

I can confirm it. It is $200. I too am a guide who has used this place to teach. I spoke with the guy in charge last week. He didn't care that no one would ever pay that price.

I'm a certified 40 fathom grotto guide. Been trying to reach 40 fathom but they have been closed. Can anyone confirm the price went up to $200 per diver including instructors. :shocked2: Feel like I got ripped off becoming a certified grotto guide if that's the case :( I would never expect divers to pay that much for this site.

become-a-grotto-guide.gif

From 40 Fathom Grotto

YIKES!!

Just a guess, but I'd guess they really don't want folks diving there unless you are taking the commercial dive course. Who would have seen that one coming.....?

At first read I thought the 200 was a misprint, wookie you are right, they don't want others diving there

My girl and I were contemplating heading there next weekend.
Guess we'll pick a different spring.....

Thanks for the heads up.

my guess is they are wanting to recoup the renovation fees in a hurry

That's not the way to do it. No one will pay 200 for this place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom