4 Months in Prison for Breaking Quarantine in Cayman Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not going to be able to "purge" these records either.

Let’s look at a worst case scenario, the woman in question had COVID , and directly and indirectly infected a number of people, some of whom died or were seriously ill. I would not like that on my conscience, because I thought the rules did not apply to me.
The CI were lucky she did not have COVID but after 48 hours who knows.

Was 4 months a bit harsh, maybe, maybe not. But I would be very surprised if she becomes a repeat offender, and I am pretty sure anyone who read the article would decide ditching quarantine was a good idea.

If the crime is more profitable than the punishment, selfish people will probably choose the crime option

COVID-19 quarantine efforts should be concentrated on isolating the sick, protecting the vulnerable, and letting everybody else live their normal lives with only minor inconveniences, like wearing masks in public, using hand wipes often, and taking random PCR tests occasionally. Everything above this is an overkill, caused by irrational fear.

I hope we have the same punishment in HK!
There are selfish people all over the world.
One of our infected patient had gone missing from the hospital. He decided to gone for a walk about and warrant is issued for his arrest!!! Max sentence is only 2 months and US$600.00 fine.

COVID-19 quarantine efforts should be concentrated on isolating the sick, protecting the vulnerable, and letting everybody else live their normal lives with only minor inconveniences, like wearing masks in public, using hand wipes often, and taking random PCR tests occasionally. Everything above this is an overkill, caused by irrational fear.
Apparently you do not understand the issue. Someone can be a carrier without being sick. Death is one result for a small percentage, but debilitating harm to the body for many others is another result. The epidemiology so far is revealing that bars and inside restaurants are a huge spreader, so you want those to carry on? You, sir, are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

After seeing the reactions. It reminds me of the case in Korea or somewhere like that,,,, where a kid got caught steeling and was caned. That country took the case seriously while the americans screamed rights, crualty and over kill. That case said so much about americans view on authority and respect for the laws of others on many aspects or levels. None of it complementary. For mor3e entertainment I suggest we send a envoy of college professors down there to plead their case. If lucky those professors will get adjoining cells.

A second thought ,,,,,,,,,,,, since ports are shut down for cruise ships Is the shut down primarily because of the virus or the passengers (americans predominately) attitude about the virus. Probably 50/50 at best So many of the ports ships go into are poor countries and lack the facilities that the states have. When it comes to health issues they take things seriously, they believe in power of prevention not hope of cure or in reality unaffordable management of symptoms. Americans have no idea how self centered they are.

After seeing the reactions. It reminds me of the case in Korea or somewhere like that,,,, where a kid got caught steeling and was caned. That country took the case seriously while the americans screamed rights, crualty and over kill. That case said so much about americans view on authority and respect for the laws of others on many aspects or levels. None of it complementary. For mor3e entertainment I suggest we send a envoy of college professors down there to plead their case. If lucky those professors will get adjoining cells.

It was Singapore and the crime was vandalism.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom