4" Meg Find for first time diver with Capt. Jamie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WonderMellon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just recieved my certification last weekend and went on my first (ever) dive trip with Capt. Jamie. The trip was awesome and I had a great time. The icing on the cake was the 4" tooth found just under the boat on the second dive.

Here is a photo of my finds. Top left is a fossilized clam and some broken teeth under that. 2 stingray barbs at the bottom with the meg and some bits of rib bones.

I had a great time and can not wait to go again.

Attachments

• 07052009.jpg
    07052009.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 131
Very nice and congrats on the meg. Some of us have to do 100's of dives before we find a 4".

Wow, way to go.....a lot better than I did today.

Tomorrow is my first ever boat dive. I hope you didn't use up all of the first timers mojo I want some. :) Very nice little collection.

That was a great find for you 1st boat trip!!

Nice find. I'm jealous. Been looking for a long time for something like that. Someday!!!

It was a pleasure diving with you today. You guys did very well. Nice tooth by the way. :thumbs-up

Dove off the AristaKat today 5th and 4th with Capt Jamie. It was a great weekend to be with new and old friends. You guys are the bomb. I'm still cleaning teeth and its going to take longer than I thought. Kudo's to Capt Jamie again for putting us right on top of the megs. Here is some of my finds today.

Attachments

• DSC02338.JPG
    DSC02338.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC02339.JPG
    DSC02339.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC02341.JPG
    DSC02341.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC02340.JPG
    DSC02340.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 84
Hey Fossilbabe and WonderMellon Barbara and I (Greg), had a great time today. It was great meeting you both, and I hope to see you all again soon. I'm still searching for my first meg, haha. Fossilbabe, thanks for all your help. We had a blast and I know we'll see you out there very soon. I'm checking the calendar now. By the way, any secrets on cleaning the teeth? Take care!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom