4-9-5 Destin Jetties Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That looks about right. The jetties here looked like sweet tea, and I mean the kind they make in GA where the spoon stands up in the glass. Good to hear you still made the best of it! That's my boy!

We went out on Splash Saturday and could see the tide coming into the bay the line of demarcation went from emerald green to sweet tea on a fine line. I’d never seen that before. Cool stuff.

darcy:
We went out on Splash Saturday and could see the tide coming into the bay the line of demarcation went from emerald green to sweet tea on a fine line. I’d never seen that before. Cool stuff.

How was visibility offshore?

darcy:
That looks about right. The jetties here looked like sweet tea, and I mean the kind they make in GA where the spoon stands up in the glass. Good to hear you still made the best of it! That's my boy!

What time did you go out, and where was the line? Im interested in offshore conditions as well.

I'll post a trip report, I just keep leaving my dive log at home...bad Darcy.

The line was about 3 hundred yards from the mouth of the jetties when we were coming back in around 1:00p or so. The vis was 45-50 feet, zero current. I could see from the pilot house of the hover almost across to the other side. Gulf was like glass. It was a good couple of dives.

You know me. I go down when I can.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom